myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Suit to Replace Bare Polardry
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outcast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attached hood no problem.....I peeled it down yesterday sup-surfing cause the day was warm.

Sailing with the hood not an issue.

I use a front-zip Rip-curl F-bomb 5/4/3 for winter......I get cold in the face and hands....mostly cause i hate any sailing glove style.

Ruffie is right about the stoned ages....Modern wetsuits are incredible, and much different than 10 years ago...dry warm and flexible.
Don't expect them to last more than about 4 years of hard use though.

And maybe stay away from the most flexible.....my 3/2 E-Bomb is so flexible for surfing it feels like skin, but water can really ballon up the leg from windsurfing.....

I also have an X-cel .....SUPER warm.....maybe a tad less flexible in the arms...(mine are massive guns BTW Laughing )....but a better surfing suit and probable more durable.....the front-zip is key

Windaholic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a 5/3 ProMotion. It is 2 years old and I was amazed how flexible it was when I first tried it on. It is sooo comfy, it's hard to believe it is actually 5mm. Warm enough and if I need more I have a cheap oversized shorty I layer on top (this kills the comfy factor). Typically it is my forearms that give out before I get cold. All this comes from the perspective of 40F minimum cut-off.

I also have the ProMotion beanie that is a nice alt to the hood, but not as warm in extreme conditions.

Another benefit of a wetsuit, you can pee in it. Although I never had a drysuit, I assume a pee is a no-no.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outcast wrote:
Modern wetsuits are incredible, and much different than 10 years ago...dry warm and flexible.

My 2009 neoprene dry suit is indeed very warm and very flexible. Compared to my Goretex dry suit, it feels like a rusted suit of armor.

When I want extra insulation with my Promotion, I add a shorty -- or fleece -- under it, to maintain the flexibility.

Mike \m/
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windaholic wrote:

Another benefit of a wetsuit, you can pee in it. Although I never had a drysuit, I assume a pee is a no-no.

As long as you rinse after, I don't think peeing in a drysuit adds much other than a bit of warmth to the equation. I've done it in several farmer john-style drysuits. Maybe people with skin sensitivities and integrated booties would feel otherwise?
outcast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeezzzz
outcast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that's how the Troll formerly known as speedy got his new name"

"SCRATCHYNUTS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6c_mWPSdPo

jimb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: drysuits Reply with quote

We've had very good luck with the O'Neill Boost drysuit, breathable and very comfortable (neoprene neck, more comfortable then the latex neck seal for most).

New from O'Neill this year is the 6/5/4 Heat with attached hood. Front zip, welded seams, firewall protection and only $329.

If interested, stop in and try one on.

Thxs,

Jim @ Sailworld
508 759 6559
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: