myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
POLL : Brucie + Pueno Banned from forum.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JFred

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: POLL : Brucie + Pueno Banned from forum. Reply with quote

Votes will be counted from views.
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Bruce can off on a tangent.

We shared 2 fantastic sessions at Pleasant Bay a couple of years ago. If memory serves me, 5 and 4.0 sessions while he struggled with sails at least 2 meters++ bigger. (Paul, who I sailed with at Chapin yesterday, has got at least a solid 80lbs more was maybe 1.5m bigger) I give Bruce credit for coming out and not giving up.

So with the spirit of accepting diversity, he's part of the tribe. As far as oneup, I'm glad I'm not on the receiving end of his torment, and I love the icons !!

Ron Collins
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ron.c wrote:
I know Bruce can off on a tangent.

We shared 2 fantastic sessions at Pleasant Bay a couple of years ago. If memory serves me, 5 and 4.0 sessions while he struggled with sails at least 2 meters++ bigger. I give Bruce credit for coming out and not giving up.

Ron, I wasn't struggling (once I did have some trouble with my lines) and in fact had a couple of good solid sessions blasting in the straps. It was also three years ago. As I remember, you were a bit annoying, sailed too close to me, showed off a few awkward, threatening jumps, and remains someone I should avoid in the future. Your writing I also find irritatingly personal and egotistic, badly composed, not really informative or factual and easily ignored. However, this is nothing exceptional when it comes windsurfers. As for Ride, I think he's just another stupid, punk athlete, and there are so many of them that there's no reason to become alarmed at their postings. Futhermore, I-windsurf isn't going to ban me because I bring on the most hits on this forum.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brucie is literally not sane, but we all know it and regard his stuff -- both positive and negative -- accordingly. Thus he does no harm.

I don't understand why Oneup/Pueno is even considered for the chopping block. He outs Brucie's aliases; tedious, but useful and relatively innocuous.

I can't believe even one person on the forum -- hell, on the planet -- considers their behavior even 5% as egregious as the endless libelous personal attacks we see from a dozen of the "people" here. (Brucie does that, too, but he doesn't make the pretense at sanity, objectivity, and veracity like the others do.)

Has it occurred to no one else to simply pressure iW to have their moderators moderate, i.e., do their job, i.e., modify or delete the libelous untrue personal attacks, demand the attack dogs back up or retract their accusations, and/or evict those who refuse to stop posting them, as though this were the real world in which they would be fired from any job I can imagine as too disruptive and sued by any libeled individual? After all, they would be valid fodder for prosecution of the offender and possibly iW if they did anyone monetary harm (lie + monetary harm = libel = litigation). As it is, their libelous statements have three effects: they make their authors look like idiots to discerning readers, they encourage less informed and less capable -- i.e., impressionable -- readers to add to the libel, and they send some newbies running for the hills.

DudBroMan was glorifying illegal drugs in front of kids. That is in a class by itself, and harms impressionable kids of any age. Just because some of the stoners here think that's OK doesn't make it so.

Mike
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo, Isobars, you get the cowardly bashers medal and can add it to your military awards. I'm sorry, but if I may be construed to offer personal attacks, it's only in answer to those nasty messages like yours put out to disparage my character. However, what I post is what I think is the truth. Finally, do you have some kind of Psychiatric degree which qualifies you to question the sanity of others, you nut job.
braden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderators? There are moderators?

YES MODERATORS ARE HERE....

I didn't know there were moderators, which if there are, would kind of prove isobars' point. iW would probably do better to say explicitly that these forums are unmoderated and unmonitored, and that they only respond to specific complaints.

I waste some small amount of time scrolling past the interchanges between sailingjoe and pueno. But then, I waste such an enormous amount of time on that seductive demon known as the Internet, that I can't get too excited about this particular waste of time. Like, I can't believe I actually replied to this thread...
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bashing" implies malicious intent. I'm just acknowledging the obvious, based on your own written admission that you enjoy trolling (deliberately wasting others' time and setting them up for your ridicule), on your frequent and extreme vascillations between rational discourse and irrational assault, and arguing with your own alter egos.

No malice intended, and I'm not qualified to make any medical diagnosis, so maybe I should have more accurately just said "loony" than "insane", even though you do come across loud and clear as manic-depressive, angry-calm, drunk-sober, on-off the meds, whatever it may be attributed to ... and it does impact your credibility.

But you know and enjoy that, leading me to my initial term, right or wrong.

Mike
outcast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ban him....he barfs up the place.
This forum would be bettter without.

Hey Ride....did you get my challenge on the Zone?
Sent you a pm.....we leave wens.

cgoudie1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike, I'm sure you're familiar with the arguing with a pig parable

;*)

I'm sorta hoping to see Chuckles sailing in our neck of the woods someday, and maybe share a beer with him after he rigs a 6.5 on a
4.7 day.

-Craig

isobars wrote:
"Bashing" implies malicious intent. I'm just acknowledging the obvious, based on your own written admission that you enjoy trolling (deliberately wasting others' time and setting them up for your ridicule), on your frequent and extreme vascillations between rational discourse and irrational assault, and arguing with your own alter egos.

No malice intended, and I'm not qualified to make any medical diagnosis, so maybe I should have more accurately just said "loony" than "insane", even though you do come across loud and clear as manic-depressive, angry-calm, drunk-sober, on-off the meds, whatever it may be attributed to ... and it does impact your credibility.

But you know and enjoy that, leading me to my initial term, right or wrong.

Mike
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
Ron... ...you were a bit annoying, sailed too close to me, showed off a few awkward, threatening jumps, and remains someone I should avoid in the future. Your writing I also find irritatingly personal and egotistic, badly composed, not really informative or factual and easily ignored.... As for Ride, I think he's just another stupid, punk athlete, and there are so many of them that there's no reason to become alarmed at their postings. Futhermore, I-windsurf isn't going to ban me because I bring on the most hits on this forum.

Brucie, it's no surprise that you create the most hits, because there's more of you than anyone else. The readers here simply drop in for a laugh. (You "bring on" the most hits? Gosh, is that egotistical, or what?)

And speaking of stupid, punk, irritating, egotistical, badly composed, uninformative, non-factual writing........... You take the cake, big guy. (Incidentally, the word is spelled furthermore.)

-----

How do you fit all these aliases in mom's house on Glory Lane? Doesn't that overstress the septic system?

Rubby
JosephSmith
Jackflash
Sailingjoe
Speedysailor
NoBones
Bones
DanWebster
Rnails
RubberNails
JohnWalsh
RoughRider
JoeMur
Back_Roader
Hugefins
Lackofwind
USvoile
Board07
AnyWind
Greenslib
Sinbad2
Sinbad
Windsurfer
Goodbrewster
JoeJane
Ensign
JollyRoger
Blowhardbuster
Windbob
Cosmicharlie
RogerJack@ss
RogerJack
Beachdoser
Broadreach5
Theclock
Sailorjohn
Quickrig1
Oldsalt6600
Skirtchaser
Bigwebsailor
Prljack
Tycoonguy
Beswift
Bruswift
Swiftwater
Swiftsurfer
Swiftsailor
Swiftskier
Swiftrider
Swiftskater
Swiftkiter
Swiftbiker
Robswift
Robert_Bruce
Snowyguy
Snow_guy
Snowglider
Snowbooster
Blowbooster
Skinut
Mistersmith
Seamanfirstclass
Skimmer
Gaastrageezer
Gaastraguy
Psychokiter
Pj1001
Weedwart
Wsguy
Ajoe
Cupajoe
Lamplight
Looselumber
Dunkin'_donut
Sharky
Sharkguy
Bigboard

Yahoo alias: robert_bruce_swift_jr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: