myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Look'n Good for Tomorrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Look'n Good for Tomorrow Reply with quote

Well the wind has started to pick up @ 5:40pm If stiff breeze but not scary.

I figure that with a little walk Cape Cod Bay, Skaket for me, can be accessed sometime after 10:30am.

With a little luck my son's mouth minus 2 baby teeth will be good enough to go back to school after an 8:30 pulling. He doesn't want to miss a day - And with the weather forecast, I not gonna hold him back!!

RC
ron.c

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda quiet on line here.

Even it the wind backs off somewhat, there is still more than enough to go around today.

RC
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today. I was out in the late morning yesterday on some old style equipment. I had to put my sail down for about 10 minutes while a driving rain and gust into the high thirties passed, but saw some good wind overall. It looks rather clear and calm right now.
grahamfedd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Look at that wind that wind that wind! Reply with quote

In school for 2 more days. Staring out the window in class and seeing it blow and bumming. Saturday we will head for the Cape. Kalmus maybe? Any recommendations? Cheers, Graham.
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you, I would not go to the Cape this weekend, I would go to N.H. or Vt. Check out the Winnesquam thread.
JRuffus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no dont come to NH it may be as bad as it was today 20-30 and sunny. dont waste your time Twisted Evil
ron.c

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NOAA forecast seems to backing off on the high(er) wind forecast.

They are calling for NW so Kalmus wouln't be that good Graham - Fluky side-off

Without boring anyone Skaket in Orleans is the inside of the elbow. It is on-side-on and is easy to access at 3 to3.5 hours before high tide.

Today's early lunchbreak - 4.2++ conditions with the tide coming in - Solid Grade A

Ron C.
ron.c

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright no one wants to add anything.

No more complaining, like I did last weekend about getting out. I get more than my fair share between waves and wind.

Yesterday was my biggest sailing day so far in '09.

Over to very overpowered on a 4.2 - All the jumps you want on the SW bound tack. Fantastic speed runs in the backside foam of breaking rollers going NE - Cranking great overpowered gybes by getting turning help down a ramping swell and then finishing off the turn by using the backside of the swell in front to ramp it around.

Restful sleep was not an option last night, body racked, arms worn from sailing "bare handed" (my term for being out of the harness) and a charlie horse from a flu shot. I thought the usual 24 time period for the real pain to settle in would require a morphine drip. Not bad so home early to tackle 10 loads of laundry and a sink full of dishes

Weekend predictions: Hoping the NW kicks in early for 7:00am @Skaket Beach and then if I take care of the family, Sunday afternoon's look'n good for SW - Kalmus for me!

RC
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be a glutton for punishment, Ron. First of all, a guy in your shape and at your age doesn't need a flu shot. Second, I'm always fighting a charlie horse in my bad leg. It's no wonder a flu infection will bring one on. The colder the water, the more you risk them. That's another reason why at 60 years old I don't go to the north shore of the Cape to sail. If there's a SW this p.m., I'll be out. The water remains warm enough for my new Promotion 3/3 spring suit, and we are looking at bright sunshine. However, Windguru doesn't forecast much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: