myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
4 men and a boy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another windy day Monday. I was able to get in a good session with the Lessacher 36 carbon weeder and my 9.6, but he fin is starting to disappoint. I cut the sailing short because it has been physically challenging as Ron posted. In some ways, I regret having gone out Sunday as the conditions were superb: warm, sunny air and water temps with wind pretty much all day. Anyone else out?
ron.c wrote:
Do ya want to hear a story?

Put a new 8.75" True Ames Surfgrass fin on my old blue.

6 / 5 / 4.2 - check / check / check - A good fact finding mission today being able to test my whole range of sails; at my favorite home away from home. I couldn't tell much, if any, difference from my old school slot surfs - Simmer and True Ames

Now I can go in confidence to those untested weedy locations; maybe someday to Forrest Beach(?)

RC
Is Forrest weedy?
outcast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,
I can't believe i'm doing this, but at least lately your posts are mostly about sailing, and you are not switching identities too much.

The reason you are sore is that you are carriying way too much sail.
On sunday, i was on a 5.0, you were on a 8.4.....And yesterday a 5.4 vs a 9.6?????.
I would be sore rigging that stuff let alone trying to fly it. It's heavy, and unless you are on a formula board you don't need it. You ARE heavy, so the sumo is fine, but try a 6.5 max and no cams. Carbon is light....light is right.
It wouldn't hurt if you got some real exercise, and stretched....maybe drank alot less.
That's all you are getting out of me, and please don't hijack every thread

sailingjoe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Outhouse, get lost.
WaterKook

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is lost. Laughing
But he did more forward loops than you today.
No but really he is right. You are sailing with way to much sail. I was on a 4.7m on Sunday. How could you have needed an 8.4?

outcast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to help.
No more for you

DanWeiss

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outcast wrote:
Tried to help.
No more for you

There is no helping that guy. I've tried my share of kind words and, while I also have noticed the recent change in his tone, I held little confidence in his ability to maintain civility.

It's too bad, really, b/c he spends so much time on the computer that he could make a great spokesperson for our corner of the earth. He could, that is, if he turned himself inside out and became somebody else!

It was a gallant try, JS!
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a local friend that weighs a bunch. He's typically on a meter larger than everyone else. He wants to be on smaller stuff with the rest of us, and gets frustrated at times when he cannot. The only others that stay on much larger all the time are formula folks and guys that want to remain in any technique rut that they consider to be their comfort zone. Seen some very specific comfort zones all around the windsurfing world. Takes all kinds I guess.

Rough and tumble advise is the hardest to take. Cheers to all that try to give some, no matter the delivery.

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
Hey, Outhouse, get lost.

Hey, Brucie, the folks at seabreeze.com.au are really enjoying a poster named "Rubby."

Anybody we know?

ron.c

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no big time windsurfer and certainly no big time rocket scientist.

A little research, but not much, equaled alot of fun on Sunday.

Here's the old dog with a new True Ames toy on the rear. Sorry for the clutter

RC

PS to the SUP Crowd - After missing 2 fantastic windy days, a late afternoon bowling session made up for it. surfer-morebeachdotcommike, 2 SUPs, one of which has the black 4-door Tacoma. Steel gray skies & water - fall is in the air, no sharks, enough good rides, 1 chest+ that was close to perfection, its getting to be more and more about the people & what else gets done during the day than about the conditons GRADE A!

garage 002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  229.43 KB
 Viewed:  8315 Time(s)

garage 002.jpg

sailingjoe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing but Tuesday was the best day to sail if you like high winds on the Cape. I returned from the Hub around 2 and stopped at three different windsurfing locations on Buzzard's Bay. At old silver they were flying the flags on the windsurfing shack, one had OPEN printed in bold letters, but it was all locked up. Only one beach had windsurfers or kiters, the usual suspects and a few savvy visitors were out at Chappy. It was blowing quite intensely and the shore break was striking. Check out the archive. I saw a few good jumps and more blown gybes than successful ones. Patience would have been rewarding this time around. I was told that Monday saw plenty of sailors there, some were having difficulty, some had dragged their equipment out of the garage after a long summer of gathering dust, some were just plain foolish. Personally, I was content to watch those that are better at this kind of sailing than I but regret that my high wind gear continues to gather dust. Yesterday there was a small capsized sailboat out on Vineyard Sound. I watched the guy struggle with his sail while walking along the shore. Then it went down. A firetruck showed up and made a lot of noise on the heights, blocking the road. What a bozo. The winds were light and the water rather calm so the guy was definitely not in danger. However, a crowd started to gather with people stopping and watching. It wasn't exciting enough, I guess, because on my return trip the had dispersed. The guy was still out there alone, power boats blasting all around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: