myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Coyote Thurs Reply with quote

Sailed 6.5 / 130L (maybe it is smaller... but certainly not the 105L listed on RW web site.)

Gusty... up and down. Solid 5.5 out in the channel. As the good wind seemed to move further and further out, I went all the way to marker #6 for waist to chest high swell in solid mid 20 wind... but the trip in had several near zero wind schlogs back to the beach.

Today with Bay Bridge shutdown... will probably stay down here and sail Palo Alto unless someone has a web cam for traffic on 101 anywhere between SFO and HWY 92....

http://kirklindstrom.blogspot.com/
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Coyote Thurs Reply with quote

kirk wrote:
Today with Bay Bridge shutdown... will probably stay down here and sail Palo Alto unless someone has a web cam for traffic on 101 anywhere between SFO and HWY 92....

You don't need a cam. Just use Google Maps Live Traffic.
BTW, the wind was a steady 4.9 just upwind, outside the jet path. The sandbars there make nice rideable rollers. IMO, this time of year, the wind seem to be better and closer upwind rather than outside at Coyote. Of course, YMMV. Wink

Today's shaping up to be another good one @ the Point!

kirk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Coyote Thurs Reply with quote

coyotewindsurf wrote:
You don't need a cam. Just use Google Maps Live Traffic.

Wow! When did they add that feature? I used Google Maps last weekend to find ABC Seafood in Fremont and didn't see live traffic on the maps. It is really nice!

coyotewindsurf wrote:
BTW, the wind was a steady 4.9 just upwind, outside the jet path. The sandbars there make nice rideable rollers. IMO, this time of year, the wind seem to be better and closer upwind rather than outside at Coyote. Of course, YMMV. Wink

I think you are right. I felt a bit like exploring rather than turning a lot to stay in the good wind. I saw you and Jennifer having lots of fun there when I went out, but not enough to get me to rig 5.5.

Tuesday downwind of Tigers (upwind of Coyote for the non residents) was great 5.5 wind for me. Sometimes I think it is easier to pump a loose 5.5 than to sail with a 6.5 pulled tight... so I have more fun in the good wind. Hard to say.

coyotewindsurf wrote:
Today's shaping up to be another good one @ the Point!

It sure is! 23 in the channel at Thud Ave already.... while only 14 and holey down here at PA. Maybe Coyote after all if the traffic stays yellow on Google Maps.

http://kirklindstrom.blogspot.com/
veterduet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Marina Bay Reply with quote

OK on a 5.9 from 2 to 5. Up and Down as the man said; but sailable. Lots of weeds.

Charlie - the new guys made it back!
ctuna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Wadell 5.2 from 3pm to 5:30 Reply with quote

Although the Sensor said 25 it didn't feel that windy.
No swell ,water and air temperature warmer than normal.
From 3 to 5:30 pm sept 4th
koogzah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The People's Republic. 4-6:30. 5.2. atypically decent
victor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stole one at bullhead. 5.5
jse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed the morning session at Sherman Island, then the afternoon at Berkeley.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, berkeley was decent on saturday. apparently, it was windy early... like when I got there at 4pm it was still windy, but by the time i finished rigging my 4.7, it was not so windy. was still planing on 4.7 and 108l, but very underpowered. then the wind died, and i came in. of course as soon as I took my wetsuit off the wind showed signs of coming back, and i went back out. twas better the second time around. more windy and no more sailboats on the water.
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
beallmd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Sherman Sat? Reply with quote

I saw the wind graph for Sherman for saturday and it reminded me of many of the days we suffer through at Washoe (when we have water, of course). It looked like a freak show-all over the place! When I 'm out in those conditions I think; This is like being at a Gay Pride parade or something; nothing would surprise me now! Or another way I put it; you can rig any wrong sail you want today-you'll be right some of the time! It looks like a 3 year old did the graph with his color crayon.

newgraph.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.82 KB
 Viewed:  13063 Time(s)

newgraph.gif

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 180 of 427

Jump to: