myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I need a new 4/3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm about the same. maybe a tad heavier and an inch shorter.

not baggy anywhere and plenty of length in the legs. (unlike the ProMotionsm i've seen)

the size was recommended by the sales assistant she was very helpful and attracticve. if you're lucky she'll help you put it on.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't that affect the fit?

Mike \m/
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an O'neil Heat size XXL for my 6'1, 230lb frame and other than the legs being a tad long it fits me perfectly and that sucker is warm, sometimes too warm, and no I don't piss in it. If I ever lose the 20lbs I plan on losing then I'll try an XL.
YippieYo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I get that my arms are exhausted from 3.7 wind and gusts to 40. And that it's the beginning of the season, which adds to my exhausted arms.

But I'm also totally convinced that my Psycho2 is the problem. I've had it for a couple years (I'm guesssing it's a 2010) and like it for the warmth and flexibility and surfing. But does anyone else find the forearm size and wrist cuff to be seriously too tight? My arms were dead really fast yesterday.

My older psycho I does not have the same arm/cuff design, and I guess I will use it instead, even though it's getting pretty shredded.

To my question:

Any recommendations on a 4/3 surf suit that works for windsurfing, specifically related to forearm fit? I'd prefer to not get a windsurf suit if possible due to cost and availability.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'neil heat is reasonably priced and has a good size selection. I just bought one on Amazon and it fit like a glove. I think the next model up is a Psycho? Quite a bit more $, but it keeps you warmer. I go with a new Heat every Feb-March so it's at it's warmest during the coldest part of the year. By January, it's too cold again!! I buy the 4/3..but they make a 5/4 too.
gregnw44

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YippieYo said, "Any recommendations on a 4/3 surf suit that works for windsurfing, specifically related to forearm fit? I'd prefer to not get a windsurf suit if possible due to cost and availability."

Just answering YippieYo's question. I've owned and or tried on, LOTS of wetsuits over the years: O'Neil, BodyGlove, Neil Pryde, ProLimit, and Promotion.
And (only speaking to your forearm question)... the brand cut with the most spacious forearms, is Promotion. I'm not saying that they're like balloons, no, but they do have more room than the others I've owned or tried on.
I can't speak for any other brands.

And like others have said, it's easy to call 'em toll free and get knowledgeable, no-pressure advice. And it's easy to buy mailorder, try it on at home, and return it, if not satisfied.

Lastly, for me with my long skinny arms, there's actually too much forearm room I think. (And no, my arm size hasn't changed in the last 25 years.) Anyway, the other brands I've owned or tried... fit my arms without any space.
But... I kept the Promotion, cause the extra room around my skinny arms hasn't had any downside. The wrist cuffs are great... and the rest of the fit and features of the "5/3 Storm" I bought... are great.
BTW - The fit chart on the website is great. But I'd recommend chatting on the ph as well about fit... then they'll dial you in, for sure.

Anyway... when I saw your forearm space question... I thought I should respond... cause this is an area I've paid attention too for many years (including 8 months ago, with my most recent Promotion purchase.
Greg Smile
rigatoni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an Ion 5/4 Wetsuit from the girls at Boardsports at the end of last season and absolutely love it. I believe Ion is a division of North and they are windsurf specific suits. Lots of room in the forarms, toasty warm, doesn't leak, and has some cool details that reflect a real careful attention to detail.

Surf suits are not great for everyone who windsurfs due to the forearm issue and the lack of smooth skin. I tend to get really chilled in them due to the evaporative cooling in a surf suit..

I like the Promotion guys but their suits don't really hold up well.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed on the Heat. Price is right too.
benpfree1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just my 2 cents:

I have a Patagonia R3 fullsuit that I love. I have used it for three seasons already and it is going strong. Amazingly flexible and also warm. If you are interested in one, FCD has some one sale.
http://www.fcdsurfboards.com/product-tag/mens-wetsuits

Ben
SPQR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked Amazon.com as suggested above. Holy crap, O'Neil Heat for $181! That's probably a $100 less than the O'Neil Heat I purchased at the O'Neil store in Capitola last summer for my daughter for our father/daughter surf sessions. Are there different Heat 4/3's that account for such a difference, or does Amazon just have a good price?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: