myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Oahu Windsurfers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomadicprs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Oahu Windsurfers Reply with quote

I'm looking for some windsurfers in Oahu who are interested in making a few extra bucks. I'm extremely frustrated with windsurfing right now and in need of some tips. I've tried a few lessons but I guess I just didnt click well with the instructors. I can uphaul, tack and occsionally heli tack but I cant beach or water start worth a crap. I get it maybe once every 50 times I try it. I'm tired and sore alot but I refuse to quit. So if you're otu there ad want to earn a few bucks and give me some tips or you just feel nice please let me know. I promise I try hard and I dont give up at all I just cant seem to grasp this concept. Thanks!!
HeyYou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly recommend you hire someone good. I don't know who that is there, but I'm sure there is someone. I don't recommend you listen to forum advice here, although some of it is good, some is very poor, and you won't know which is which.

Hire a pro teacher --not a pro windsurfer-- they are quite different things.
carl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a waterstarting lesson, It's definatly worth the bucks. Windsurfing will become an awesome sport. I was at the same place as you and couldn't get it without a lesson.
Try Naish Hawaii at Kailua, they've been in the business since the beginning
of the sport.
Doyley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be glad to give you some tips if I see you at the beach, are you sailing in Kailua. Don't give up trying, sometimes it takes alot of repetition but it's so rewarding when you figure it out.
nomadicprs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys guys. Doyley I'm trying to get in the water atleast once a week. I live on the Marine Base. I would greatly appreciate it if you see me to give me some tips. I'll be the guy who looks like a tourist with rental gear, only problem is its my gear and I live here Smile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: