myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2010 OES X WAVE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OESmaui

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: 2010 OES X WAVE Reply with quote

Check out our new2010 Xwave range on http://www.oesaustralia.com/blog/
Well after 8 months of testing both on Maui and Australia we are proud to
introduce the new 2010 range of Xwave.
The lenght have been slightly shorten again but we have added more volume
under the footstrap area to increase the already good range of these boards.The Xwaves will be available in the following sizes XW70,XW75,XW80,XW85,XW90,XW95,XW100 and XW105.
The first shippment has arrived at Second Wind MauiSecond Wind Maui <info@secondwindmaui.com> and Northwave in Hood River .Skip Whitley <airtime@gorge.net>
The new 2010 Twin fins, Wave pro, Freeride, Slalom and Speed boards will be
next to intro over this and next month onto our new website.
Pete Ross
www.oesaustralia.com
OESmaui

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: 2010 75 and 90 Xwave reveiw Reply with quote

Hey Pete..good talking to you yesterday. You actually caught me at a time where I was sitting down and had time to really chat...

Xwave90
I went out late yesterday to doug's as I told you I thought I might do. The late day exectutive session I think they call it for working stiffs...The wind was basically unsailable and the conditions were deteriorating fast.. The biggest sail I had was a 4.7 ZXPRO. Northwave's wave sail...

I decided what the heck...I can make the XWAVE 90 litre work..That board rips!!!!! I sailed for a couple of hrs in the funkiest wind imagineable..And to my surprise, the thing turns!!! Gets up on a plane in a heartbeat and stays on one.. The sail/board combo was perfect..It certainly didn't feel like a 90 litre board. This board would be the perfect light air wave board for me..Perfect for a San Carlos board in March and April when I usually go..

Had the mast centered in the track and never touched it..Either I am getting used to these short, wider boards or I think the 90 is just as loose as the 75!! Hopefully I will get to use the 75 a bunch in the next couple of days as we are looking at building conditons thru the weekend...

Xwave 75
I sailed Doug's yesterday. Most people my size were on 4.7 range. I was on the 75 with a 4.2 and I was ripping around everyone!! And i weigh 180lbs. Let me say that the board is totally different from anything I am used to and in no way have I dialed it in yet....This sucker gets up on a plane in a heartbeat and stays on one! Also, with the redistribution of the volume it is easy to slog in lulls and get pumped up on a plane quickly in lighter air. It seems to have more volume than just 75 litres..It turns with little effort but like I said, I haven't found the sweet spot yet..I thought that it would pearl easily because of the no nose and no radical flip tip but to my surprise, it doesn't. You can push forward hard to drive the board and it has the volume up front and rail outline to carve. Once again, I got away with murder! My session was over two hours long and when I came in it wasn't because of fatigue. It jumps well and off of anything,but I haven't riden it long enough to really find the sweet spot and I know once I do, it will be as loose.

Anybody that wanting to demo any of these two boards that are in the Gorge feel free to contact Skip Whitley on
509 637 0237 airtime@gorge.net>
or you are on maui
Secondwind Maui info@secondwindmaui.com
OESmaui

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a look at the full range of 2010 xwaves wave boards
check out http://www.oesaustralia.com/products/x-wave/
on our fully updated new 2010 website
www.oesaustralia.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: