myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
iWindsurf, WAP very slow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenmacdonald

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: iWindsurf, WAP very slow Reply with quote

Lately I have found both the iWindsurf website and WAP on my cell phone to be REALLY SLOW, and sometimes just hanging up indefinitely. Dont have this problem with any of my other websites. iwindsurf said they had this fixed last week but it is still glacially slow today. anyone else experiencing this? there was a thread on this in the So Cal area last week. hope it gets better because they DO provide a valuable service. Sad
stuartwatson

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: very erratic, indeed Reply with quote

One day earlier this week, I couldn't get it to load at all. Today, it's slow. And it's not my gear -- I've got a spanking new iMac. I'm longtime subscriber, and real-time reports are why. It's been reliable in past, but sketchy of late. Fix it, please. Alt, windonthewater.com
jota

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said they had MAJOR server problems today (that's a quote, caps and all). They put out the latest beta test of their new iPhone app this morning - maybe that screwed things up. Did for me. Seems to be working again though.
masterblaster

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: very slow and no go Reply with quote

hi ken. i was at the spot yesterday and called to get areading. all i got was hi i'm windy and 2 disconnects. i know they charged me for it. anyway, got in a sweet session with george. see you soon.
kingswd

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are apparently still having problems. Went to upgrade my membership for the summer and the upgrade page wont even load. Seems that the "receive money from customers" page would be the one you would want to guarantee to operate. Called a friend to get the report and he couldnt get pages to load either. Hope things come back soon.
andymc4610

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to jump on the band wagon but this site is, has been really buggy for the last month. Don't know if the servers are overloaded, but often can't logon, or it crashes or is just plain slow. Easily the most unstable site I visit on the net.
david

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. We've been going through a rather painful emergency server upgrade this Spring to handle the extra traffic we're seeing this year on iWindsurf and iKitesurf (shouldn't traffic go DOWN in a recession?), as well as tracking down some tricky bugs and an incredibly frustrating memory leak.

Things have been sporadically spotty for the last few months and were especially rough last week (Friday was the worst). And for what it's worth, no one here has been getting any time on the water - nor very much sleep.

All of our diagnostics say things have been pretty darn fast since Saturday morning, when our shiny new load balancer was brought fully online. We have a few more upgrades in the works but things should be faster than ever in general. If you're still noticing slowness or other glitches, please send me a private message with the details so we can look into it.

Thanks for your patience!

masterblaster, when Wendy hangs up on you the call is not registered, so you don't pay for that (we do).

David
CUSalin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Slow Site Reply with quote

Roger that. Sites are sloooowwww....
johnl

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cell seems to be working about normal, BUT the graphs no longer load. I don't think it's my settings, maybe it is......
david

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl, I just tested your settings and it all looks good to me. Loaded fast on my phone. Do you get an error instead of a graph? Not sure what kind of phone you have but you can make those graphs bigger if you've got the pixels. Check http://www.iwindsurf.com/myWeather.iws?change=WapHomepage and click "edit" next to any of the spots in your list - from that page you can change the graph size.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: